Spanish Panama recommends the American Society of Panama as a good way to meet other foreigners like yourself when in Panama and also a good way to meet and practice your Spanish with the other many Latinos who hang out with this social club.
Here you can meet people from the US, Panama, and just about any other country in the world. It is very open.
And your support helps them meet their social, charitable and scholarship commitments.
You can join by showing up to anyone of their events in Panama City. They have developed a very active and attractive calendar of events and want you to be part of these activities. Details of some listed and unlisted events are still in the planning states.
But here are some offerings and plans just for the next year:
1. Sunday, Nov 23rd 12 noon – 3 PM Traditional Family Thanksgiving Dinner at the TRYP Hotel Albrook
2. Monday, Dec 01 – Meet & Mix Fontanella Restaurant – Ramada Plaza Hotel, Via Israel
3. Thursday, Dec 18th: Christmas Dinner/Dance at the SORTIS Hotel. Cocktail hour from 7:00 to 8:00 PM. Dinner at 8:00 followed by dance, special program and door prizes.
4 Monday, Jan 5th 2015 Meet & Mix – TRYP Hotel Albrook Bristol Lounge – Welcoming the New Year!
5. Saturday, Jan 17th 2015 11 AM – 3 PM El Valle Day Outing at the Hotel Campestre and Complimentary Membership Appreciation Dinner that evening in El Valle at a private home.
6. Monday, Feb 2nd Meet & Mix – Xuvia Restaurant, Costa del Este
7. Saturday, Feb 14th Tentative moonlight cruise in the Bay of Panama (Full Moon) – or – Partial Panama Canal Transit with lunch at the Gamboa Rainforest Hotel.
We are in the planning stages for the following Meet and Mix and monthly events, but below is tentative information: Note: all Meet and Mix events are from 6:30 – 8:30 PM on the first Monday of the month.
8. Monday Mar 2nd March Meet & Mix
9. March – Art Show/Auction
10. Monday, April 6th Meet & Mix
11. April – Election Night Dinner Party
12. Monday, May 4th Meet & Mix
13. May – Installation Dinner
Founded in 1931, and after 83 years of existence, The American Society of Panama now has a membership that includes Americans and Panamanians, as well as citizens of other nations residing in Panama. They are a non-profit organization, and are duly recognized as such by the Panamanian Government.
The New Member fee is $50 and Membership Renewal is $40.
Dr. Charles Garcia, who is well admired for his great efforts for the Society over the years, is now the Membership Chair of The American Society of Panama
More blogs… https://spanishpanama.com/bodu/category/blog/