El Cangrejo: And its main street of Via Argentina is known as the best neighborhood in Panama City as it is the most fashionable in the country and has a Bohemian atmosphere. Many consider it as having a European flair with all of the bakeries, park and outdoor cafes that line the street.
Via Argentina, El Cangrejo, Panama City: our neighborhood is an excellent location in Panama City’s center with more than 40 international and gourmet restaurants, cafes – bakeries, real estate agencies, apartment rentals, travel agencies, car rentals, internet cafes, and major international and boutique hotels and casinos. SpanishPanama has partner hotels, B&B’s, guesthouses, as well as homestays for Spanish students in El Cangrejo.
There are at least 25 international restaurants within just 2 blocks of Spanish Panama, a nice active and friendly community park called Andrés Bello, bookstores, English-Spanish cinema at the university, shops and much more. This is where you want to be to begin your exploration of Panama City and this rapidly changing country. There are major movie theaters and malls just 10 minutes by taxi, around $2.00.
In our local neighborhood ¨El Cangrejo¨
The distances to many places of interest from SpanishPanama are short-less than a 10″ walk, but many times just seconds away. You will find :
- Many accommodation options to suit ALL budgets.
- NOTE: If you happen to be staying at one of Panama’s finest hotels you are likely just a 3-5 minute walk from us. Ask the hotel receptionist and they will point the way to SpanishPanama, Via Argentina.
- cinemas and theatres with shows/films in English and Spanish
- bookstores like Excedra Books (Via Brazil), Educa (Via España) and Gran Morrison (Via España by El Rey) with both Spanish and English books.
- high schools, pre-kinder, and primary schools, and universities such as the University of Panama (an entrance to this public university is on Via Argentina, 2 blocks up from SpanishPanama). There are numerous private colleges and universities in El Cangrejo.
- internet cafes, sports clubs, casinos and video arcades
- medical clinics (with English and Spanish speaking doctors)
- a 24-hour king-size supermarket and 24-hour restaurantsThere is a jungle national park, “Metropolitan Park,” and this is one of the only jungle parks within an actual city in the Americas. Called “Parque Metropolitano” in Spanish, it is only a 10 minute taxi ride from SpanishPanama. Enjoy this city view from the top after a 45 minute hike up from the entrance! But imagine that only 10 years ago this was a pure ocean view:
El Cangrejo is, by far, the best neighbourhood in the country so throughout this Spanish course, if you are staying at further away places in Panama City, you may want to arrive early or stay later and visit the El Cangrejo neighbourhood’s numerous cafes and bakeries, restaurants, theatres, cines, pubs, parks etc.. Classmates sometimes decide to do just that! Many others love it so much they just decide to live here.
Telephone: (+507) 213-3121 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SpanishPanama is right in the middle of EL Cangrejo, on the tree-lined Via Argentina, just below Cabeza Einstein (Einstein head statue).
This area has been compared to a U.S. or European City, yet the jungle is only minutes away !
El Cangrejo is the only neighborhood in Panama City where you do not really need a car to get around as everything is so conveniently located! And people who stay here often decide to make El Cangrejo’s fashionable Via Argentina their second home.
Multicultural: It’s not only a very popular neighborhood with Americans but also a favorite with Canadians, Europeans, Asians, Brazilians, Venezuelans, Colombians, Spanish, and you can make friends with people from all over the world.
There are many supermarkets in the district, one called El Rey on Via España is even open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, as are some restaurants such as Del Prado (Via Argentina) and Niko’s café (meat and potatoes style beside El Rey supermarket). There is a “Pricesmart” on Via Brasil and a “Mega Depot” on Transismica, both just a 5 minute taxi ride (less than $2). There is now a “Casa de la Carne” supermarket 7 doors up from SpanishPanama. Check out the best fruit and veggies in the Panama City center at “Fruteria Mimi” just across the road from the front door of SpanishPanama.
The Albrook Airport (for local flights) is less than a $3 taxi fare and less than 15 minutes ride from Spanish Panama. The Tocumen International Airport (PTY) is about 30Km from Spanish Panama and most SpanishPanama programs include airport pickup service. The biggest mall in Central America (Albrook Mall) is connected to Albrook national bus terminal and the Albrook Metro Subway station and is also a short taxi ride to the Albrook domestic airport. The Albrook Mall now has a Tryp Hotel inside of it. Some Spanish Panama Spanish students like to stay at “The Tryp” hotel as it gives them close access via the Via Argentina metro subway right to Spanish Panama school.
Here’s the entrance of the Tryp from Albrook Mall. So Tryp hotel becomes a great place to stay for families with children, or tourists who want to shop, and have great convenience. Walking throught the entire mall could take an hour. Last we heard people taking cruises in the Caribbean wouldn’t spend their money at the other ports in other countries as they found the best prices and deals at Albrook Mall. Real nice…..
Via Argentina – El Cangrejo is the vibrating heart of Panama city!
Convenient Access to the best that Panama City has to offer!
Panama’s best and safest street: Via Argentina!
Safe to walk around at night, it is only a 25c bus ride or a $3 taxi ride from the Colonial City (Casco Antiguo). The Jungle Park (Parque Metropolitano is less than $3 by taxi. Four of the major shopping malls are also about $3 away by taxi. Two of them, Multiplaza and Multicentro, are about a 30 minute walk.
El Cangrejo Afternoon & Evening Meals range in price from as low as $4 (vegetarian meals with 4 items), to some $5 eateries, and then on to a diverse range of international restuarants with meals from $10.00 to $80.00. El Cangrejo has restaurants from every country you can imagine.
Telephone: (+507) 213-3121 Email: email@example.com
SpanishPanama’s neighborhood: El Cangrejo… some things to do…
– Eat at local and international restaurants at least 50 within walking distance
– Go to Bars and Clubs: 20-30 including 8 right on Via Argentina and the Karaoke bar next to the Park
– Casinos: Believe it or not, there are about seven casinos closeby, and most of them have free music and cheap snacks on weekends. The casinos of Sortis Hotel (Luxury with fine restaurants and kids high-tech play area downstairs), Marriot Hotel, Hotel Veneton, and Hotel Panama, all within a 10 minute walk of SpanishPanama, will each remind you of Las Vegas, Nevada!
– Hang Out at many sidewalk cafes of our Paris like neighborhood
– Hang Out in the Park Andres Bello and watch the locals strolling, walking dogs, playing basketball, soccer, rollerblading, eating the local ice cones, and even swinging from trees on “elastic” bands. There’s even a baby’s playground area, and the local police station.
– Catch a movie at one of the nearby cinemas. Mulitplaza, and Multi-Centro Mall are not far, $3 by taxi, and SOHO MALL is a 10 to 15 minute walk. SOHO has luxury shopping and even a high-end cinema.
– Go and see an alternative film at the University of Panama Screen “Cine Universitario” 10 minute walk away
– Pop into one of the nearby internet cafes such as New York Bagels and email the friends back in the cold countries
– Work on your Spanish- talk to the grandfather selling bananas from his cart on the street corner near Del Prado restaurant. The locals at the park seem reserved at first but once you get them going, they don’t stop-ha
– Catch a street Parade: The Carnival or other festivals
STUDY SPANISH AT SPANISHPANAMA IN THE BEST AREA OF PANAMA CITY!
Immerse in the Spanish language. See the Spanish Immersion and Student Accommodations programs.
Contact us at telephone: (+507) 213-3121 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are right on Via Argentina and Erick del Valle in El Cangrejo, Panama City. We are steps down from “Cabeza Einstein” or the “Eintein’s Head” statue, as well as a few doors down from New York Bagels. If walking up from the Via Argentina Metro subway station stop, we are about 30 steps past both the community park of Andres Bello and the SABA Hotel on Via Argentina. We are just across the road from Subway restaurant and the Grand International Hotel. Ramada Inn is brand new, and on the other side of Fruteria Mimi. We are now excellently located for Spanish students as we are right between these 3 hotels. We can help you with reservations with either one as they are now our partner hotels in Panama city.