El Cangrejo: our neighborhood is an excellent location in Panama City’s center near real estate agencies, apartment rentals, travel agencies, car rentals, internet cafes , and major hotels and casinos.
There are at least 25 international restaurants within 2 blocks (of Spanish Panama), a nice active community park (Andres Bello), bookstores, English-Spanish cinema, shops and much more. This is where you want to be to begin your exploration of Panama City and this rapidly changing country.
This area has been compared to a U.S. or European City, yet the jungle is only minutes away !
This is the only neighborhood in Panama City where you do not really need a car to get around as everything is so conveniently located! And people who stay here often decide to make this fashionable neighborhood their second home.
Multicultural: It’s not only a very popular neighborhood with Americans but also a favorite with Canadians, Europeans, Asians, Brazilians, Venezuelans and you can make friends with people from all over the world.
There are many supermarkets in the district, one called El Rey on Via España is even open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is a “Pricesmart” on Via Brasil and a “Mega Depot” on Transismica, both just a 5 minute taxi ride (less than $2).
The Albrook Airport (for local flights) is less than a $3 taxi fare and less than 15 minutes ride from Spanish Panama. The Tocumen International Airport (PTY) is about 30Km from Spanish Panama and most SpanishPanama programs include airport pickup service.
This is the vibrating heart of Panama city!
Convenient Access to the best that Panama City has to offer!
Panama’s best and safest street: Via Argentina!
Safe to walk around at night, it is only a 25c bus ride or a $3 taxi ride from the Colonial City (Casco Antiguo). The Jungle Park (Parque Metropolitano is less than $3 by taxi. Four of the major shopping malls are also about $3 away by taxi. Two of them, Multiplaza and Multicentro, are about a 30 minute walk.
El Cangrejo Afternoon & Evening Meals range in price from as low as $3 (vegetarian meals with 4 items), to some $5 eateries, and then on to a diverse range of international restuarants with meals from $10.00 to $60.00. El Cangrejo has restaurants from every country you can imagine.
SpanishPanama’s neighborhood: El Cangrejo… some things to do…
- Eat at local and international restaurants at least 50 within walking distance
- Go to Bars and Clubs: 20-30 including 4 on Via Argentina and the Karaoke bar next to the Park
- Casinos: Crown has Free Shows and beer for $1, and cheap food
- Hang Out in The Sidewalk cafes of our Paris like neighborhood
- Hang Out in the Park and watch the locals strolling
- Catch a movie at one of the nearby cinemas
- Go and see an alternative film at the University of Panama Screen “Cine Universitario” 10 minute walk away
- Pop into one of the nearby internet cafes such as New York Bagels and email the friends back in the cold countries
- Work on your Spanish- talk to the grandfather selling bananas from his cart on the street corner near Del Prado restaurant
- Catch a street Parade: The Carnival or other festivals
Further – Out of Town
- Cerro Azul, semi highland and waterfall walks
- West over the Bridge to fine sandy Pacific Beaches, golf clubs and resorts
- El Valle, fashionable 2nd home area, hot springs and hills
- Towards David, Bocas Del Torro and Costa Rica
STUDY SPANISH AT SPANISHPANAMA IN THE BEST AREA OF PANAMA CITY!
(If you would also like to immerse in the Spanish language please see Spanish Immersion and Student Accommodations programs)
Contact us at (#507) 213-3121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are right on Via Argentina and Erick del Valle in El Cangrejo, Panama City. We are steps down from “Cabeza Einstein” or the “Eintein’s Head” statue, as well as a few doors down from New York Bagels. We are just across the road from Subway restaurant and the Grand International Hotel. We are about 50 steps past both the community park of Andres Bello and the SABA Hotel on Via Argentina