Why Panama City?
Panama City is the Heart of Panama!
- It’s the center of it all; very much a modern commercial vibrant city yet close to the Jungle (The Smithonian Institute employs 4000 people here).
- A world banking center (the Switzerland of the Americas) and center of commerce.
- Well connected : DIRECT FLIGHTS from : Miami, Houston, Dallas, JFK, LA, Orlando, Atlanta (and Toronto seasonally) aswell as dozens of Latin American destinations
- Cosmopolitan with large Afro-Caribbean, Chinese and other communities.
- Tropical , so a year round comfortable climate and a green and verdant city.
The Spanish teachers & Administration ofSpanishPanama believe in showing you the best of Panama & what makes it a very special place; its people. We believe Panama has a bright future. Good News About Panama
In our neighborhood you will find : cinemas in English and Spanish, theaters, bookstores, high schools and universities, internet cafes, video arcades, our middle class homestay families, medical clinics a 24 hour king-size supermarket, a power house gymnasium etc. It has has the buzz of a city yet there are 100s of tranquil spots like parks gardens, ancient ruins and museums. In less than 40 minutes you can be on tropical islands, in the jungle, on the lake fishing, or in indigenous villages.
“within 30km of the high-rise banking district of Panamá City, for example, the indigenous Emberá still practice subsistence agriculture in the rainforest and hunt for their supper with blowpipes.”
“over nine hundred species of bird, more than in the whole of North America. Over half the country is still covered by dense tropical rainforest, and large areas are protected by a system of national parks and nature reserves.”